Case Officer (Data Protection and FOI)
The Case Officer reports to the Head of Unit and is responsible to assist the technical team in the handling of data protection and freedom of information cases.
The selected person will be required to follow the internal complaints procedure and will be responsible to maintain a regular communication channel with complainants and data controllers/public authorities.
● Registers all the data protection and FOI complaints received by the Commissioner in the online system and takes care to update the status accordingly;
● Informs the complainants about the progress and the outcome of the investigation as instructed by the Head of Unit;
● Assists in the investigation of complaints and, where deemed necessary, depending on the nature of the case, takes part in on-site technical inspections;
● Handles complaints received on CCTV cameras installed on private residences;
● Handles calls and enquiries relating to data protection in general, particularly, regarding CCTV issues;
● Collaborates and exchanges information with other European counterparts, through the dedicated IT platform, in cross-border complaints;
● Replies to queries specifically in connection with the complaints handling procedure and other matters of generic nature;
● Participates in meetings with complainants, controllers and, or public authorities, as the case may be, held as part of the investigation process;
● Prepares routine letters and correspondence;
● Advises the Head of Unit on any changes or improvements that may be introduced to the present complaints’ procedure to make it more effective.
● Must be in possession of a recognised degree at MQF Level 5 or higher, preferably, in Business, Administration, Commerce or ICT;
● Good at the judgement and ability to set priorities;
● Able to prepare short reports following inspection visits;
● Proficient in office automation tools, particularly MS Office suite;
● High level of interpersonal, written and oral, skills, particularly, in the Maltese and English languages;
● Displays a good level of initiative, effort and commitment towards attaining results;
● Preferably have a minimum of two years post-qualification working experience;
● Able to work on own initiative and in a team environment.
● Maintains a close working relationship with the OIDPC’s other units to facilitate a cohesive and integrated approach in the Office’s operations and the ultimate fulfillment of its objectives.
● Adopts a professional approach with third parties, particularly during meetings;
● Shows leadership skills for the effective achievement of the OIDPC’s objectives and strategies;
● Adheres to internal policies and procedures.
● Discharges such other responsibilities as may, from time to time, be assigned by the Commissioner.
● Preferably in possession of a clean driving licence.
How to apply:
Interested candidates may submit a detailed CV together with an application letter to [email protected]